By wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with precious and pleasant riches.”
A lot of busy couples, especially those with children, find it really difficult to make time for romance. They are busy, tired, and lack the privacy in many cases to be able to prioritize romance. They might not have the money to get away for a romantic evening or overnight with their partner. Babysitters can be hard to find who will sit in your home, let alone theirs. But it is possible to arrange an at-home date night if you plan ahead and are prepared to be creative.
See if a relative can take the kids overnight.
Book your dates in advance so, everyone is clear about what is supposed to be happening.
Nothing says romance to some couples more than a delicious meal. For food, you have a number of options. You could shop and cook a delicious meal you both enjoy. You could also try one of the meal kit clubs that sends everything you need to make a great meal at home for a fraction of the cost of dining out. The kits should come with all the fresh and dried ingredients, and a recipe card. You can choose from all different cuisines, such as Indian, Italian, Chinese, Thai and more. Round everything off with a decadent dessert.
A Night of Pampering
One thing most people enjoy, and which couples can find really intimate, is to massage each other. For this you need a good massage oil, such as sweet almond or coconut oil. Sweet almond is ideal as what is termed a carrier oil; you can use it with a few drops of aromatherapy oil such as rose or geranium for women, and lemon or cedarwood for men. Coconut oil will have its own strong fragrance so it will not usually mix well with aromatherapy oils. However, it does have a huge advantage in that it will not get sticky and harder to rub the skin as with most carrier oils. The warmth of your hands and their skin will keep the oil smooth as long as you need it.
Look up recipes for homemade shampoo, soap, sugar and salt scrubs and more.
means different things to different people, but there are several things most couples can generally agree get them relaxed and in the mood for quality time with their partner. Set the tone with flowers, such as roses, candlelight, aromatherapy, silk sheets, and whatever else your husband feels is romantic.
Gifts Thoughtful little gifts are an easy way to show you care. They can range from chocolate and lingerie, to perfume or aftershave, or even the latest bestseller you know the other person wants to read. The thought counts for a lot when it comes to romance.
Would you like to join my e-mail list?
Try these ideas for a lovely date night at home. All it takes is a bit of planning. Even MORE Date Night Ideas! Many couples struggle with the romantic side of their relationship. It seems as if once they are married, they get into a routine which can soon start to look like an unromantic rut. As with everything else in life, if you pay attention to something, you will be prioritizing it and hopefully be successful at it. Both men and women struggle with romantic ideas for a date night to try to put the romance back, especially if they’ve been in the rut for a while. Here are ten ideas that should work, and which don’t have to cost a lot.
1. A Meal for Two Depending on your budget - you could go out to your favorite restaurant. Or, you could plan to cook a nice multi-course meal, complete with dessert, that caters to your tastes. Even if you are not a great cook, there are a lot of meal kit services that deliver everything you need in one package to make an (exotic) meal of your choice for a fraction of the cost of dining out.
2. An Evening Picnic This is ideal when the evenings start to get longer. Head for your local park, beach or beauty spot with a picnic hamper full of your favorite treats. If it’s within walking distance of your home.
3. A Late Night Opening Most museums and art galleries stay open late one night of the week. Take your loved one to the exhibits and plan a nice meal out or at home.
4. Movie Night Go out, or stay in with streaming. You don’t have to see a romantic movie, but it can help.
5. A Trip to the Spa Some spas have couples' nights and special couples' rooms and other features to set a romantic mood for the evening. Choose from various forms of massage and other therapies. See if they also serve food at the facility.
6. A Trip to the Gym This may not sound that romantic, but the truth is that exercise elevates mood and gives a good boost of energy. Competitive couples can find it sexy to face off over various activities. Others find it fun to take classes together, such as spinning or Zumba.
7. Sporting Events Again, this is not always sexy or romantic for everyone, but spending quality time together on a shared activity makes it easier to get closer and bridge any gaps that have formed because you’ve been putting romance on the back burner instead of making it a priority.
8. A Concert This is perfect if you both love music. If the price of tickets is very high
in your area, look for open air concerts in the local parks.
9. A Night Away Try a weeknight in a nice hotel, complete with room service and a trip to the hot tub. You can usually get an affordable room rate, and won’t have to worry about anyone bothering you once you hang up that "Do not disturb" sign. This is ideal for couples with children who can get a sitter to look after them overnight while you lay the ground for the romance and intimacy that has been lacking in your relationship. Check Groupon and similar sites, or travel sites, for special deals.
Would you llike a free e-book?